First of all, I’m SO excited! If you saw my last post about Project Run & Play, you’ll know I entered my crossover back muscle tee dress! I was so excited to find out that I was voted in the top ten!!!! I am so humbled to be included with and chosen amongst so many great entries. I’m still relatively new to sewing so it’s definitely motivation to continue challenging myself. If you liked the dress I created and feel so inclined, please head over to Project Run & Play’s February challenge and vote for my dress. Pretty please, with sugar on top. 🙂
So, without further ado, on to my next project….
I’m officially over the cold weather. Which is pretty pathetic, because I know that my family up north is literally freezing… They are having school canceled for the wind chill, meanwhile I avoided going outside for two days because it was 30 degrees outside. I’ve definitely acclimated to the South.
That hasn’t stopped me from sewing up all sorts of stuff for the spring/summer. My favorite time of year, by far. I am planning on eventually tackling some swim suit patterns for the girls and *gasp* myself. I just want to find the perfect patterns. This spring/summer I’ll have just delivered baby #3, but I will not let that stop me from donning a bathing suit. My girls love the water and I’ll be right there with them.
For now, I decided since I had some leftover fabric from the dress I made K the other day, why not make a cute romper for E? Probably not the smartest idea in the world since she’s showing no signs of readiness for potty training, but I’m a sucker for cute clothes. Even when they aren’t always the most functional. I did not put buttons in the shorts. I may regret that. Or it may motivate me to attempt potty training. Luckily the shorts have a little give so I think they will look cute with or without a diaper.
I came across a free romper pattern/tutorial from It’s Always Autumn and decided to try to recreate it in a size 2T. I made a few changes. I did a rolled hem on the flutter sleeves and simply hemmed the arm holes instead of using single fold bias tape. I may have downsized it just a tad too much as it’s fairly snug. I’m debating adding a bow to the top or a sash… Still up in the air. I did remember to add a size tag this time though! I have a feeling I’ll remember more with each additional project. I hope so, at least.
That’s it for now! Thanks for reading.